Merced — Firefighters are battling a blaze at a home in west Merced.
It’s not yet clear what started the fire, which apparently is being fed by a gas leak. According to authorities, the fire was reported at 8:56 a.m. at the home, in the 1800 block of East 23rd St.
Witnesses said an adult and four small children ran from the burning home. No injuries were reported.
Roughly two dozen firefighters are working the scene; workers from Pacific Gas & Electric also on scene, as several power lines went down.
We will have more on this story as information develops.