Merced firefighters put out a house fire early Thursday morning that started as a cooking fire and left two people displaced.
Firefighters received the call about 2:15 a.m. and found a fully involved fire in the 3200 block of Shannon Avenue when they arrived, said Billy Alcorn, a battalion chief with the Fire Department.
The fire spread to the attic, Alcorn said.
No injuries were reported.
Never miss a local story.
Two adults who were displaced received assistance from the American Red Cross, Alcorn said.
The investigation is ongoing. There was no immediate estimate on property damage.
Four fire engines and 16 firefighters responded to the fire.