Caltrans said it will close Highway 165 between Highways 140 and 152 from Oct. 3 to Feb. 12.
Crews with Teichert, based in Sacramento, will replace the San Joaquin River Bridge, widen two other bridges, repave the roadway and modify the Santa Grade Road and Wolfsen Road intersections on the 15-mile stretch of highway.
Local traffic will be able to access Highway 165 from the south at the junction of Highway 152, but access to the San Joaquin River Bridge will be closed because of the construction.
The work is part of the $25.8 million Wolfsen Rehabilitation project, and Caltrans expects the work to be completed by spring.
Never miss a local story.
Alternate routes are as follows:
Traveling southbound on State Route 165:
- Left (westbound) at State Route 140
- Southbound on Highway 33 through Gustine
- Southbound on Interstate 5
- Eastbound on State Route 152
Traveling northbound on Highway 165:
- Left (westbound) at State Route 152
- Northbound on Interstate 5
- Northbound on State Route 33
- Eastbound on State Route 140
— Sun-Star staff