No injuries reported in Gustine house fire
12/01/2012 2:07 PM
12/03/2012 12:47 AM
No one was hurt Friday night in a house fire reported on Brentwood Avenue in Gustine, according to Cal Fire/Merced County Fire Department.
The incident at the single family residence was reported at 7:19 p.m.
The occupants told firefighters a bag of popcorn caught fire in a microwave, sparking the blaze, according to Gabriel Santos, Cal Fire spokesman.
The fire extended into the kitchen area and then spread into the attic. Firefighters responded within four minutes and were able to quickly extinguish the fire.
Damage to the structure was estimated at $40,000.
Eleven firefighters, four engines and one rescue squad from Cal Fire and the City of Gustine responded to the fire.
-- Victor A. Patton
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Merced Sun-Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.