18 Northern San Joaquin Valley high school students gets $27,000 in scholarships
05/25/2014 7:38 PM
05/25/2014 7:40 PM
The Central Valley Opportunity Center is awarding $27,000 in academic scholarships to 18 high school students from Madera, Merced and Stanislaus counties.
The CVOC is a nonprofit employment, training and social service agency and offers vocational training, energy assistance, food, emergency shelter and much more to residents in the three counties.
Each year it honors academically deserving students from the three counties. The students who received scholarships were honored at a banquet May 5 in Modesto.
Merced County• Sara Cruz, Delhi High School
• Mary Kemphaus, Golden Valley High School
• Jimmy Millan, Livingston High School
• Jessica Perez, Atwater High School
• Marilyn Perez-Mendoza, Golden Valley High School
• Eduardo Vera-Garcia, Atwater High School
Madera County• Alejandra Granados, Chowchilla Union High School
• Kyle Dwayne Hansen, Chowchilla Union High School
• Crystal Maciel, Madera High School
• Guadalupe Navarro, Madera High School
• Stephanie Marie Pardue, Yosemite High School
• Gloria Zarate, Liberty High School
Stanislaus County• Rafael Romero Hurenda, Ceres High School
• Carina Partida, Central Valley High School
• Maria Luisa Rosas, Pitman High School
• Jonathan Miguel Tavares, Patterson High School
• Holly Tran, Davis High School
• Paige Womack-Shipman, Denair High School
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Merced Sun-Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.