Firefighters battle house blaze in Merced
07/18/2014 9:46 AM
07/18/2014 10:09 AM
Firefighters are battling a blaze at a home in west Merced.
It’s not yet clear what started the fire, which apparently is being fed by a gas leak. According to authorities, the fire was reported at 8:56 a.m. at the home, in the 1800 block of East 23rd St.
Witnesses said an adult and four small children ran from the burning home. No injuries were reported.
Roughly two dozen firefighters are working the scene; workers from Pacific Gas & Electric also on scene, as several power lines went down.
We will have more on this story as information develops.
Editor's Choice Videos
Join the Discussion
Merced Sun-Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.