Mariposa & Yosemite

July 30, 2012 4:56 PM

Mariposa fire blamed on electrical problems

A May 11 fire that destroyed the Pizza Factory restaurant and a handful of other businesses was sparked by an electrical problem in the restaurant's attic, firefighters have determined. The findings were released by James Dulcich, chief of the Mariposa Public Utility District Fire Department.

Related content

Comments

Videos

More Videos

El Capitan's Braiden Ward after Gauchos clinch section title game berth. 01:56

El Capitan's Braiden Ward after Gauchos clinch section title game berth.

Merced County Sheriff's Department investigating use of metal spears during bloodless bullfighting in Stevinson 03:25

Merced County Sheriff's Department investigating use of metal spears during bloodless bullfighting in Stevinson

Los Banos 99 Cents Only Store prepares for grand opening 00:58

Los Banos 99 Cents Only Store prepares for grand opening

Mariposa's Violet Matlock on DVI title win 01:26

Mariposa's Violet Matlock on DVI title win

Merced filmmaker discusses film made in town 00:30

Merced filmmaker discusses film made in town

Fire destroys apartment complex in Winton 03:19

Fire destroys apartment complex in Winton

Fire in Winton displaces several residents 00:17

Fire in Winton displaces several residents

One injured in crash with big rig 00:20

One injured in crash with big rig

2016 Peace Officers Memorial 02:51

2016 Peace Officers Memorial

Japanese students call on Merced College board to address issues with home stay program 01:12

Japanese students call on Merced College board to address issues with home stay program

Chowchilla's Logan Gomes on team's walk-off win 00:54

Chowchilla's Logan Gomes on team's walk-off win

Share Video

Editor's Choice Videos