A fire that started when a motorcycle battery being used to charge a drill burst into flames gutted a garage on a property near Colorado and Rouse avenues on Monday night.
Nobody was injured in the fire that started around 8:35 p.m., although two residences were evacuated, according to Pam Hillar, public information officer with the Burbank-Paradise Fire Protection District.
Hillar said a man was improperly charging a drill when the battery overheated and caught fire, igniting something in the garage through an open window.
There were initial reports of injuries to a 3-year-old girl, but an ambulance crew determined the toddler was not hurt and released her to her parents.
Never miss a local story.
Four engines — three from Burbank-Paradise and one from the Woodland Avenue Fire District — tended to the blaze.
The amount of damage was unknown.
The volunteer fire districts had the fire contained in less than an hour. They were on scene cleaning up until about 11:45 p.m.