LARGE SCHOOLS -- GIRLS
1. (1) Turlock (15-4): Bulldogs taking no prisoners in CCC play, winning four games by 50, 20, 22 and 56 points. CCC's only unbeaten teams play Wednesday as Pitman travels to face 'Dogs.
2. (2) East Union (12-4): VOL is developing into the district's top league with six good teams battling. EU remains in first place.
3. (nr) Pitman (11-7): Pride was .500 at one point, but winning four in a row means they debut at No. 3 going into Turlock game.
4. (4) Enochs (11-6): Eagles got a scare in Friday's MMC opener, trailing by 10 at halftime before pulling away in the fourth. Big test awaits this week as Enochs will host rival Davis on Thursday.
5. (nr) Sonora (9-8): Wildcats have brushed aside three-game losing streak by winning their last four, including three last week.
SMALL SCHOOLS -- GIRLS
1. (1) Modesto Christian (12-2): Ranked No. 3 in the state in Division 4, Crusaders open TVL play Tuesday at Escalon.
2. (2) Argonaut (17-0): With only MLL teams remaining to play, hard to believe Mustangs won't go 29-0 in the regular season.
3. (3) Linden (11-5): If anyone is capable of beating Argonaut in league, it's the Lions -- who are visiting Argonaut on Thursday.
4. (4) Patterson (10-6): Tigers lost at Livingston, but with three teams atop the WAC at 3-1, they'll keep the top spot for a week.
5. (5) Turlock Christian (14-3): Eagles class of the SL, but they need to keep improving if they're to do damage in D5 playoffs.