A fire destroyed a home in a Claus Road mobile home park Monday evening, officials said. No one was injured.
The fire was reported at 4:48 p.m. at the Olive Lane Trailer Park near Claus and Claribel roads, said Battalion Chief Paul Spani with the Stanislaus Consolidated Fire Protection District.
He said flames had engulfed two-thirds of the mobile home and were threatening a nearby home when firefighters arrived. He estimated the damage to the mobile home at $50,000 and $7,500 to the home's contents, though some items in a rear bedroom might be salvageable.
The fire also caused heat damage to two cars in the mobile home's carport.
Spani said it appears the fire was caused by a faulty refrigerator motor. He said the two people who live in the home were out of town.