• Because of a sewer trunk rehabilitation project on Emerald Avenue, Woodland Avenue will be closed from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. from Ninth Street to Emerald Avenue. Detours will be posted. Access to businesses will be provided. Expect delays on Emerald between Kansas Avenue and Highway 99. The project will be under way through June.
• Street improvements -- including the installation of curbs, gutters and storm drains -- are under way in Empire. The main work currently involves improvements to a storm drain on E Street.
Never miss a local story.
• Water main installation is taking place at Claradell Avenue and West Coolidge Avenue between Florida and McHenry avenues. Work will be done from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be partial road closures and detours. Completion is set for mid-February.
• A traffic signal is being installed at Bangs Avenue and Prescott Road. Completion is scheduled for late February.
• The Keyes Improvement Project includes pavement delineation and roadway signs, along with finishing asphalt paving and driveway transitions throughout town. Work continues on the storm basin at Lucinda Avenue and Tenth Street.