Do you have the smarts to compete in an academic decathlon?
Try answering these sample questions to find out.
1. Watteau’s reception piece was different from other history paintings in that Watteau’s piece
Never miss a local story.
a. was much larger in scale than most
b. was a new genre
c. had an unusual color choice
d. focused on the landscape
e. had many more people in it
2. What technique would you MOST probably use if you were an artist working rapidly outside?
b. alla prima
e. a` jour
3. How is the cosmopolitan atmosphere of the Enlightenment MOST evident in that era’s music?
b. programmatic music
c. learned music
d. hybrid of styles
e. doctrine of effects
4. Changing keys is called
5. A particle is moving along a parabola y2= 2x + 3 in such a way that its x-coordinate is increasing at the constant rate of 3 units per second. At what rate, in units per second, is its y-coordinate changing as it passes through the point (3, -3)?
6. If the price elasticity of demand equals 0.5 (in absolute value), then a 10% increase in the price of a product will result in
a. 0.5% increase in the quantity demanded
b. 0.5% decrease in the quantity demanded
c. 5% increase in the quantity demanded
d. 5 % decrease in the quantity demanded
e. 10% decrease in the quantity demanded
7. If the price level has been rising continuously, then real GDP will
a. always be less than nominal GDP
b. always be greater than nominal GDP
c. be less than nominal GDP in years prior to the base year
d. be greater than nominal GDP in years prior to the base year
e. grow more rapidly than nominal GDP
Language & Literature
8. In Blake’s poem, the phrase, “unbuckled was the shield,” is an example of
a. inverted syntax
d. pathetic fallacy
9. In amassing her assault on nobility and enlisting support for the common man, Wollstonecraft relies heavily upon the use of
a. anaphora and asyndeton
e. rhetorical questions
10. When plutonium -239 decays to uranium -235, which of the following types of radiation is emitted?
11. In the correct Lewis dot structure of a nitrogen atom, how many dots should there be around the N?
Super Quiz- French revolution
12. According to A. A. Lamourette, what was the single source of troubles of the Assembly?
13. The 1795 French Constitution contained all of the following elements EXCEPT
a. Council of Five Hundred
b. suffrage for male taxpayers
c. Council of Ancients
d. suffrage for married women
e. collective executive of five directors