It's Kids Free Night -- those 12 and under will be admitted at no charge.
• WHAT TO DO: Check out cowboys, horses and bulls at the California Cowboys Professional Rodeo Associa- tion rodeo. Bull riding, barrel racing, calf roping and steer wrestling are just some of the attractions as contestants vie for prize money and pride. There's no extra charge for admission. The rodeo begins at 7 p.m. in the arena.
• HIGHLIGHTS: Junior livestock auction market steers, 5 p.m.; master horse showmanship, 6:30 p.m.; color bowls demonstration, 7 p.m.
• VARIETY FREE STAGE: Boys Like Girls, 8:30 p.m.
Never miss a local story.
• CENTER STAGE: Chico Avila, 8:30-11 p.m.
• COMMUNITY STAGE: Highway 99 Band, 5:45-8:30 p.m.
• CHARTER STAGE: Steve Bayner Hypnotist Show, 8:30 and 10 p.m.
• HOURS: Gates open at 5 p.m.; exhibit buildings close at 11 p.m.; carnival closes at midnight.
• PARK 'N' RIDE: 4:30 p.m.-midnight; park and ride free from CSU, Stanislaus (Crowell Road off Monte Vista Avenue), or Pitman High School (Christoffersen Parkway). Shuttles run every 15-20 minutes.
• WHERE: From Highway 99, exit at Fulkerth Road in Turlock and head east. For fairgrounds parking, turn right on Soderquist Road, or go past Soderquist for more parking; $4 per vehicle.
• ADMISSION: $12 for adults, $3 for children ages 6 to 12 and free for ages 5 and younger.
• INFORMATION: www.stancofair.com, 524-2660 or 668-1333
• PHOTOS: Upload your pictures from the fair, and view others each day, at The Bee's photo gallery. To submit your photos of the fair, go to http://photos.modbee.com and click the blue "Submit Your Media" button.