Gas leak reported on G Street near El Portal Drive
03/18/2013 11:13 AM
03/18/2013 11:41 AM
Firefighters evacuated around a dozen people from commercial offices Monday morning after a backhoe struck a gas line on G Street near El Portal Drive.
The incident was reported around 10:30 a.m. and PG&E officials are at the scene to stop the leak. As a precaution, the fire department evacuated a dental office and other businesses in the 3300 block of G Street, McCall said.
More details will be posted as they become available.
-- Victor A. Patton
Join the Discussion
Merced Sun-Star is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.