A Merced man was robbed then shot at early Sunday morning, according to Merced police Sgt. Jay Struble. The man was not injured.
At 3:54 a.m., officers responded to a call of shots being fired on the 400 block of Lucas Court. At the scene, officers spoke with 26-year-old Ruben Mendoza.
Mendoza said that he had been drinking with a few friends at a house on Lucas Court when four Hispanic men and two Hispanic women approached him in the front yard.
One of the men pulled out a gun and demanded Mendoza’s money, Struble said. Mendoza handed over an unreleased amount of cash to the man. The six people then left the Lucas Court yard on foot, firing several shots back at Mendoza as they fled.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Merced Sun-Star
Mendoza was not shot, but a van windshield parked four houses away was broken by a bullet.
The suspects in the shooting have not been caught. Anyone with any information is being asked to call Sgt. Scott Skinner.