SACRAMENTO – With Tuesday's tax deadline looming, the Franchise Tax Board is extending its toll-free phone service for last-minute help.
According to an FTB news release, staff members will be available to assist English- and Spanish-speaking taxpayers from 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. today and from 7 a.m. to midnight Tuesday at (800) 852-5711. Taxpayers can also find many resources online at www.ftb.ca.gov, including ways to:
• E-file tax returns for free using ReadyReturn, California's completed return program or CalFile, California's e-file program available to more than 6 million taxpayers.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Merced Sun-Star
• Check the status of a tax refund.
• Check one's account status for payments made or a balance due. Claiming the wrong estimated tax amounts is the top filing error.
• Choose a payment option, including Web Pay, FTB's online payment program.
• Apply for an installment payment plan.
• Find answers to frequently asked questions.
• Obtain tax forms and publications.