Community clean-up events are being organized throughout Merced County. The Department of Public Works is allowing residents to dispose of tires, appliances and other items for a reduced fee, the county said in a press release.
All clean-up events will begin at 8:30 a.m. and conclude at 2 p.m.
The schedule is as follows:
- Santa Nella: Jan 23, at West Comet Road and Venus Circle.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to the Merced Sun-Star
- El Nido: Feb. 6, at the county library parking lot.
- Winton: Feb. 20, at Santa Fe Drive and Winton Way.
- Delhi: Feb. 27, at Fourth Street and Gordon Street.
- Snelling: March 13, at Henderson Park.
- Franklin/Beachwood: March 20, at Santa Fe Business Parkway.
- Stevinson: March 27, at Highway 165, 1/4-miles south of Highway 140.
- Hilmar: April 10, at the community center on Faulke Street
- Le Grand: April 17, at Santa Fe Avenue and Jefferson Street.
- South Dos Palos: April 24, at Reynolds and Shain Road
- Planada: Sept. 11, at Childs Avenue across from Glen Davis Ball Field.
- McSwain: Sept. 25, at Buhach Road and Moran Avenue.
The county will accept up to four passenger tires per load for free. Additional passenger tires will cost $1 each. Truck tires between 16.5 and 20 inches can be disposed for $2 each.
Carloads will cost $1 each, while loads from pick-up trucks, vans and station wagons will cost $2. Small single-axle trailers less than 8 feet will be $3, and 8-foot trailers and 1-ton trucks will be $4. Trucks more than 1 ton or trailers longer than eight feet will not be accepted.
Mattreses and box springs, and large appliances, will cost $1 each to throw away.