Merced County seeks applicants for solid waste panel

Merced County is seeking volunteers for a position on its Solid Waste Independent Hearing Panel.

Volunteers will be asked to complete an application and questionnaire, and participate in a public interview.

For more information or to apply, call (209) 385-7366 or visit the county's Web site at http://www.co.merced.ca.us/bcc. Applications may be obtained at the County Administration Building, 2222 M Street.

Applications should be turned in by Friday, April 2. Interviews will be held at a meeting of the Merced County Board of Supervisors.