Free income tax preparation assistance is being provided through April 15 to low-income families and elderly people in Merced or Winton by LifeLine Community Development Corporation.
To receive help, call (209) 201-2905. Have the following documents and information available:
- proof of identification
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and any dependents
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number assignment letters
- Birth dates
- Wage and earning statements from all employers
- interest and dividend statements from banks
- a copy of last year's federal and state returns
- a blank check or proof of bank account routing umbers and account numbers
- total paid for childcare services, and the tax identifying number for your daycare provider.
Both spouses must be present to file taxes electronically.