Merced man sought on child molestation warrant
A Merced man is wanted on a $1 million arrest warrant in the molestation of multiple children, including at least two who were under the age of 5, authorities said Thursday.
Merced police are seeking 33-year-old Lonnie Lee Poslof Jr., who is charged with five felony counts of child molestation, according to records in Merced Superior Court.
“We need to find this individual to prevent future victims,” Merced police said in a statement.
Police said anyone providing information leading to Poslof’s arrest may be eligible for a reward of up to $1,000 from Crime Stoppers.
Citing a need to protect the victims and the ongoing police investigation, Lt. Tom Trindad could not elaborate on the allegations against Poslof. Trindad confirmed there were multiple victims involved in the case and said Poslof knew them personally.
Investigators believe the abuse occurred some time over the summer, Trindad said.
A relative of two of the victims said both were under age 5. The relative asked not to be identified to protect the victims’ identities. The family urged the public to contact police with any information regarding Poslof’s whereabouts.
Poslof is known to law enforcement in Merced County. Court records show his criminal history includes arrests for felony domestic violence in 2006 and misdemeanor drug and traffic violations. The disposition of the those cases was not available Thursday.
Poslof pleaded no contest in 2005 to misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon, according to court records.
He is described as 6 feet tall and weighing about 190 pounds.
Investigators said Poslof had previously fled to Tennessee, where he has family, but police now believe he has returned to Merced County.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Raquel Rios at (209) 388-7766 or the Merced Police Department Tipster line at (209) 385-4725. You may also send police an anonymous text message to TIP411 (847411), including the word “ComVIP” as the keyword in the text message.
This story was originally published October 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM with the headline "Merced man sought on child molestation warrant."